Friday 1 May 2009

Goodbye the Grays













This week has not been one of the best weeks we have had during our relatively short stay in Australia due to close friends leaving us and heading back to Blighty. They told us of their intentions weeks and weeks ago but it still hits you in the guts when the time comes. When your thousands of miles away from the place you were born, your friends become your adopted family. We will miss them, especialy their sense of humour but wish them all the best in their new life back in the U.K. knowing that we will be life long friends.
O.K. well it was another busy weekend with myself joining my buddy Mick for a round of golf at St. Lucia golf club. Very impressive and I was astounded to to find out it was just a public course. The tee's, fairways and greens were immaculate and for a change I hit quite a few nice balls, this along with Micks excellent contribution saw us turning out winners in the 19th. With the sun shining and an Esky full of tinnies what more could you ask for?
Straight after golf I returned back to Walowa Street to prepare dinner for a few friends to say goodbye to the Grays. I timed it perfectly as I pulled onto the drive, that I could marinade the meat and peel the spuds have a quick beer and still have time for a quick sleep. Well I thought I did until Mr. Gray arrived, after a quick drink he called me out the front to give me a leaving present. Upon opening my garage door he sped off into the sun leaving me with a van marinaded in honey and flour. As if that wasn't bad enough, he had also done the inside with the same ingredients. I felt it was my duty to return the compliment and managed to get hold of his car keys and deliver 1 kg. of Prawn tails into various hidden places inside his car. You can only imagine what that smelt like the next day after sitting in the Australian sun : )
The last supper didn't have the same feel as the many previous ones we had shared with the Grays, but I think we still managed to have a nice evening feasting on Gary and Sharyns lovely curried prawns and Duncan's favourite Kilkoy steaks!!
Sunday, we had a quite subdude day just waiting for the Grays to leave on Monday until Little Megan arrived with Becky and Ian so we decide to bob down to the beach and throw an impromptu barbie with a game of William catch Megan as she as run away again. Those two just love each other to bits.
On the way home we called in at the Tavern to say our final goodbyes to the Grays before heading home. Well not quite straight home, we called in at their house so I could put a pair of scissors through the air bed they were sleeping on just to make sure they had a bad nights sleep before they set off back to the U.K. on a 21 hour flight the next morning!!
Monday was my birthday, not the best day for a birthday. When I got home from work Adrienne, Loz and Will were sat round the lounge table with my cards and very red eyes after saying goodbye to the Grays that day. What a day to have a birthday! I decided to take us out for a slap up Kebab at the local take away and dragged young Jamie along with us as he was as depressed as the rest of us. Thanks to all of you that sent me birthday cards. After Kebabs we called round to Claire and Neils for a quick beer and a slice of my birthday cake that our lovely neighbour Sharyn made for me. At least we finished the day on a nice point.
We have also turned into theatre goers all of a sudden. With a trip to the QPAC theatre to see Steve Cougan last Monday and a trip to see the 39 steps at the 12th. night theatre on Wednesday with a bunch of friends. Thanks to complimentary tickets from our friends Gail and Rob. We had a great time on both occasions.

No comments:

The Willster

The Willster

Lozza

Lozza
Currimundi Lake

Sunset on the Sunshine Coast

Sunset on the Sunshine Coast

Work Wheels

Work Wheels
Fying the flag down under

Followers

Lightning on Sandgate beach

Lightning on Sandgate beach
A photo from last years thunder storm

Setting sun at Scarborough

Setting sun at Scarborough

Riverfire, Dump and Burn

Riverfire, Dump and Burn
An F111, at the Brisbane riverfire fest dumps its fuel, then sets it alight.

( Do'nt forget to leave a comment so we know who's reading our Blog.)

Setting Sun

Setting Sun
A pretty view from the balcony

THAT MUST HURT THEIR HEADS!

THAT MUST HURT THEIR HEADS!
Now thats clever!

Will and Danny

Will and Danny
The two at the back, not the Blue and Green ones!

Comming to Oz very soon!!

Comming to Oz very soon!!
A slightly older ian Mc.enzie

I HAVE A DRINK

I HAVE A DRINK
All that surfing makes you thirsty.

The Witches of Eastweekenders!

The Witches of Eastweekenders!
Julie, Adie, Julie and Claire

Them wot days, tha nos.

Them wot days, tha nos.
We love a good wedding

Andy and Duncan

Andy and Duncan
Those sausages are burning pal!

Julie, Adie and Isla

Julie, Adie and Isla
Good mates!

Duncan Dares

Duncan Dares
Speedo Bar-B-Q goggles

An Afternoon At Sandgate

The Golden Ticket

The Golden Ticket
12 months of grief for this little baby

Next stop, Sunny Brizzy

Next stop, Sunny Brizzy

About Us

My photo
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
You can contact us at ozzymills@hotmail.com or SKYPE us at lozwill
Hi there, this our attempt at a diary so you can see our progress as we move lock stock and barrel from one side of the world to the other. Well fingers crossed, here goes !!